Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Flight Centre - doing in right in corporate travel

e-travel blackboard are reporting that Flight Centre's corporate travel management arm - FCm - have made a play for the east coast market in the US with the acquisition of a 25% stake in Garber Travel Services. I have been (rightly) critical of Flight Centre's mistakes in the online market, however as both a consumer and observer of business travel I believe they have made a number of smart strategic and tactical moves in the corporate market - so while I do not know Garber Travel Services, I congratulate FCm on continuing their expansion. As a consumer of travel I have a previously commented (here) on FCm's great service and the need for an air-warrior/warrioress to have a strong travel management company - even in this age of online. As an observer, Flight Centre have managed to acquire and integrate a number of smaller travel management company with little or no observable integration headaches, maintaining standards and bringing scale and savings.

Have to end this quote with a "curse you Google" moment. Is it just me or is publishing using Blogger becoming a risky business. This is the second time I had to write this post due to Blogger eating the last attempt.

No comments: