Thursday, January 29, 2009

701 not out

This last 100 posts has flown by. It is time for my regular "not out series" where I recap the last 100 posts and remind you of the themes that have been dominating the blog. I started almost three years ago with 101 not out and continued with 201, 301, 401, 501. and 601 not out.

I spent a lot of the last 100 posts attending and covering the big online travel conferences of Oceania, Asia and the US. A couple of highlights:

From TRAVELtech in Sydney
From Eyefortravel in Sydney

From WebInTravel in Singapore

From PhoCusWright in LA

While I was busy at Gabfests the world went into an economic death spiral:
I touched on some (in my view) interesting themes including
And in BOOT news
I'm having a blast writing, I hope you are enjoying the reading.

PS - in case you happen to be counting this is actually post 703

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep on writing, I love your blog! what a great resource!
Sebastian, tripwolf
http://www.tripwolf.com

Anonymous said...

yeah - your a bit like the don bradman of online travel blogs, except your averaging just a tad more than 99.94.

Anonymous said...

Your blog has been a fantastic resource Tim. Thanks for keeping us all informed and giving us a place to discuss travel related news and issues!burgican

Anonymous said...

For anyone wondering, burgican was the CAPTCHA code lol.

Somehow the selected field jumped to the comment field without my noticing.

Tim Hughes said...

thanks all!

Anonymous said...

who is Tim ?

Tim Hughes said...

@Anon - is that a trick question or a meta-physical one?

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,
What has been the most popular blog so far?

Anonymous said...

Well done on your milestone. I must say I am surprised that you are still using blogspot. This site has become a real travel industry resource and deserves its own URL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim,

Whenever a travel news story breaks, I always refer to your blog first to get the ‘ warts and all ’ view behind the story.

2009 will be an interesting year for our industry, so am looking forward to reading your take as the year unfolds.

Thanks for writing interesting blog stories and for providing a forum for industry comments.

Best wishes for 2009

Regards

Craig Hewett
www.wego.com

Tim Hughes said...

@Anon2 - for all the wrong reasons the most popular post has been Roamfree Rumour - up to 95 made redundant. I turned my back on the comments section at it became a defacto message board for disgruntled Roamfree staff. I had to delete most of them - and still regularly do.

Anonymous said...

resource full and worth spending time.

Anonymous said...

Tim, just discovered your blog and am really enjoying your articles. Look forward to dropping some more meaningful comments in time!

Tim Hughes said...

@Dave - great to have you with us